Do you know why people naturally experience such discomfort in highly humid environments? Your skin eliminates moisture from your body by using the air around it. Therefore, when the relative humidity is close to 100%, sweat from your body cannot be absorbed by the air. Sweating accumulates on your skin and makes you feel sticky and uncomfortable when you can’t get rid of it to cool off.
How to choose the right humidity for the air in your home?
Your home’s appropriate humidity level will vary according to your family. It will primarily rely on the season, your clothes, and the location where your family feels most at home. According to experts for AC service Carrollton TX, your home should have 40 and 60 percent relative humidity.
Your home’s relative humidity should correspond to the absolute humidity outside. Along with temperature and season changes, absolute humidity levels also alter. More moisture is present in the air during the summer, while substantially less is present during the winter.
- Indoor humidity levels shouldn’t be higher than 50% for an outdoor temperature exceeding 50 degrees F.
- Indoor humidity levels shouldn’t be higher than 40%, while the outside temperature is over 20 degrees F.
- Indoor humidity shouldn’t be higher than 35%, while the outside temperature is between 10 and 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor humidity levels shouldn’t be higher than 30% for outdoor temperatures between 0 and 10 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor humidity shouldn’t be higher than 25%, while the outside temperature is between -10 and 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor humidity levels shouldn’t be higher than 20%, while the outside temperature is between -20 and -10 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the outside temperature is -20 degrees F or lower, the inside humidity shouldn’t be higher than 15%.
Signs your indoor air has too much humidity:
- You’re not getting enough rest:
If you wake up at night tossing and turning, consider your air. Too high humidity can ruin your sleep. Your body has to work harder to drain sweat to cool itself when the environment is excessively humid. One may have trouble falling and staying asleep as a result.
- Too much sweating:
Excessive sweating can be exhausting when you feel continuously sticky and drenched in sweat. Although you do not influence the outdoor humidity levels, you have power over your house.
- You have breathing problems:
High humidity levels in the home frequently bring about health problems related to the respiratory system.
Advice for achieving the right humidity level.
The installation of a humidifier will be pretty advantageous. For your family’s comfort, maintaining the ideal humidity level in your home will be highly beneficial. As a result, maintaining the correct humidity level in your home is essential for the structure and health of your home.
Your indoor air quality directly impacts your family’s and home’s health. In conclusion, if you already have a humidifier, be sure you’re maintaining the proper humidity level in your home. Contact Lifetime’z Heating & Air Conditioning at 972-521-4578 for AC repair Carrollton TX. Contact us today to hire our HVAC services.